Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tournaments, State Cup, and Spring Break

Well, that didn't take long...

We are signed up for the Texans Madness Tournament January 18-19 at Meyer Park. No word on schedules yet, I'll be sure to update you on that. If you can't make it that weekend, please let me know ASAP.

We are looking at other tournaments as well, so stay tuned.

In the spring we will be playing the State Cup which is part of the National Championship Series. The format is round robin among the top 6 teams in South Texas. From those games, the top two teams play each other, with the winner advancing to a regional tournament and then possibly the Nationals!

Here are some dates for you to consider:

March 22-23 – Group Play Begins for U14
March 29-30 – Group Play Date: U14
April 5-6 - Group Play Date: U14 and U15
April 12-13 – Group Play Date: U14; Group Play Begins for U15-U18
April 18-19 – NO GAMES: Easter
April 26-27 – Group Play Date ALL age groups
May 2-3 – Group Play Date ALL age groups
May 10-11 – Group Play Date ALL age groups
May 17-18 – RAIN DATE
May 24-26 – State Cup Finals Weekend
June 19-26 – Region III Tournament, Baton Rouge, LA
July 21-27 – Nationals Championships, Germantown, MD

Now, if you've looked closely at the calendar, you're probably thinking what I'm thinking. Spring Break is book-ended by games. We have NPL games on March 15-16 and State Cup games on March 22-23. I know many of you already have travel plans. Would you please email me to let me know if you'll be available for those weekends? ryan@craneonline.com

EDIT: We don't have an actual schedule for the State Cup games, I'm just sharing what's on the stxsoccer website. I'm sure it's possible that things could change. I just wanted you to know what I know.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

RC


No comments:

Post a Comment