Monday, August 22, 2016

Lots to report - Please read

I've got quite a few things to share with you.

1. We have NPL games this weekend. I'm sorry for the late notice. I didn't realize these were happening so soon. It looks like both games are at 5:30pm at McGovern. You can see the NPL schedule here. Please let me know if you CAN'T make these games.

2. In September, we should be moving to our normal training schedule. This means T-Th are our dedicated training times. We will have a speed/agility/strength/conditioning session as well. And then the girls are always welcome to train with the 00's on the M-W sessions. (Just as they have the option to train with us on T-Th).

3. Our SRPL schedule is still a little bit of a mess. Right now it shows us with no games over Labor Day Weekend, and unassigned games the weekend after that. Supposedly there will be an update later tonight. I'm not sure what will happen to the game from Saturday that got rained out.

4. Since we don't have anything scheduled for Labor Day now, I'm seeing if I can squeeze us in to the Plano tournament. So, tentatively keep that open if you can. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

5. On training and weather - Vedad really hates missing practices because of rain. We've been using the Strake facility, and sometimes Adrian reserves the courts at The Zone for futsal. So even in foul weather, plan on some type of training. However, there is a cost associated with this. The Strake fields and The Zone aren't free, but we share the costs with the 00s or in last week's case the DA boys. Depending on how many times we get rained out, this will add to our team's expenses. It's something like $8-10/player/session. If you have any objections, let me know.

6. Vedad would like to have a brief team meeting after the game on Sunday, so please plan on staying a little after. 

1 comment: