Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Travel, and more!

A couple of updates to share…Please respond to the things in RED.
  • We have a friendly against the ‘01 girls this Saturday (August  1) at 9:30am at McGovern. I know a few of you will be out. If you can’t make it and haven’t let me know yet, please do so ASAP. It’s going to be tight and we may have to borrow a few players.
  • I’m working on getting our new uniforms ASAP. I’m not 100% sure we will have them by our August 8-9 games. Stay tuned. For our two new players, fear not! I’m working on getting something for you in case.
  • Speaking of our new kits, if you haven’t seen them, check them out here.  I think we should get the alternate kit as well.  As much as we play and travel, having a long sleeve option is nice, and they look great too. We will need to order them as a team. It’s an extra $100. I’ll assume that silence = consent, so if you object, let me know.
Travel
  • Our August 8-9 games are in College Station. I’m going to assume that we are all driving up and back for both games and that I don’t need to coordinate a hotel. I hope that’s ok. The games are at 1:45pm on Saturday and 9:45am on Sunday.
  • August 22-23 we will be playing in Plano. Obviously, we will need a hotel for this one. The Saturday game is at 3:30pm, which means that driving up on Saturday morning is a reasonable option. Sunday’s game is at 9:45am. I’ve got us some rooms set aside at the Westin Stonebriar. It’s very close to Sunday’s fields. It’s right next to the place we stayed last time. There’s plenty of good restaurant options nearby, and the pool is very nice, golf course too. I got a block of rooms at $119/night, which is a heck of a deal for such a nice hotel. That price includes free breakfast for two people. If you register extra people in your room, it’s an additional $5 per person, but that gets them the breakfast too (which is a full buffet and omelet station and all the goodies). I need a head count for rooms. Please let me know if you need a room, and how many. The rooms will also be available at the same rate on Friday night too, for those of you that don’t want the stress of driving up Saturday morning. If you need someone to host your daughter, let me know.
  • Labor Day Weekend. We have the unique pleasure of going to Little Rock, Arkansas for Labor Day. We will have games all three days – Saturday at 3:30pm, Sunday at 10:45am, and Monday at 9:45am. In case you don’t know, Mark lived in Little Rock for a while, so he’s looking forward to this trip. I have a Little Rock connection as well. My boss owns a great hotel downtown, walking distance from the riverwalk, and only about 10-15 minute from the fields. I’m working to get us the friends and family rate now.
    With an afternoon game on Saturday, one could conceivably fly up Saturday morning (United has a 7:15 flight that gets in at 8:38 and Southwest has a 7:00am that gets in at 10:20am after stopping in Dallas). Once again, I will need to know ASAP if you will need a room, which nights, and how many people. I will let you know on rates as soon as I hear something.  
    If you need someone to host your daughter, let me know.

That’s all I can think of for now. I’m sure there’s more.

Let me know if I can help with anything.
-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment